- Use the links below to meet 5th grade Social Studies requirements.
- View all the socstudies posts. Check often for new posts.
Explore these topics:
- 5th Grade Social Studies:
- Exploration and discovery - Columbus
- Establishment of settlements in the New World - Pocahontas
- Colonial life in America - 13 colonies
- Pioneer life in America - Westward expansion
- Revolutionary War in America - American Revolution
- Westward movement in America - American Indians
- Industrial and cultural growth - Industrial Revolution
- Democracy's principles and documents - democracy, Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation, U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights
- Life in the U. S. and its possessions - Civil War
- Geography of the U. S.
- Natural resources of the U. S. - natural resources
- Canada and Mexico
- Relationship between the U. S. and Canada - Mexican-American War
- Comparative cultures of Canada
- Countries and cultures of the Western Hemisphere: Central America, West Indies, South America - continents, mesoamerica
- Map and globe skills
- Culture: Religion, War
Sky Valley Grade 5 Social Studies Plan
CLASS TITLE: Grade 5 Social Studies
CLASS DESCRIPTION: Topics include Exploration and discovery; Establishment of settlements in the New World; Colonial life in America; Pioneer life in America; Revolutionary War in America; Westward movement in America; Industrial and cultural growth; Democracy's principles and documents; Life in the U. S. and its possessions; Geography of the U. S.; Natural resources of the U. S.; Canada and Mexico; Relationship between the U. S. and Canada; Comparative cultures of Canada; Countries and cultures of the Western Hemisphere: Central America, West Indies, South America; Map and globe skills.
LEARNING MATERIALS: BraiPOP, YouTube, Netflix, BBC documentaries, PBS Slavery series
ESTIMATED WEEKLY HOURS: 5