High School Health (75 hours)
CDC priority focuses covered:
- Behaviors that contribute to unintentional injuries and violence
- Sexual behaviors that contribute to unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including HIV infection
- Alcohol and other drug use
- Tobacco use
- Unhealthy dietary behaviors
- Inadequate physical activity
- Mental and emotional health
- Personal health and wellness
- Emotional and Mental Health
- Broken bones
- Vision problems
- Antibiotic resistance
- First Aid
- Will Puberty Last My Whole Life by Julie Metzger
- Blood and Guts by Linda Allison
- The Care and Keeping of You 2 by Dr Cara Natterson
- Period. by Joann Loulann
- It's Perfectly Normal by Robie Harris
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler
- The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
- Students comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention to enhance health.
- Students analyze the influence of family, peers, culture, media, technology and other factors on health behaviors.
- Students demonstrate the ability to access valid information and products and services to enhance health.
- Students demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
- Students demonstrate the ability to use decisionmaking skills to enhance health.
- Students demonstrate the ability to use goalsetting skills to enhance health.
- Students demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce risks.
- Students demonstrate the ability to advocate for personal, family and community health.